About

The Ojai Valley Garden Club was founded in 1926 by a group who wanted to maintain and to further beautify the Ojai Valley. It was set up as a service organization rather than just a social club.

Over the years the OVGC has planted trees, established public gardens, and landscaped schools and other city facilities. It also lobbied political groups to eliminate roadside billboards and advertising and to save the redwood and oak trees.

Meetings are held on the 2nd Wednesday of each month from October through March. They are usually held at 10:00 a.m. at Fisher Hall of St. Andrews Episcopal Church on the corner of Bristol Road and Ojai Avenue, and always include a guest speaker of interest to club members. Some months members enjoy tours to public and private gardens and farms (check our calendar on our page “2017-2018 Programs”).

On November 29, 2017, members will gather at Chaparral Hall for a day of holiday wreath decorating. The sale of Christmas wreaths provides funding for future beautification projects, a student scholarship and funding of public gardens in the area. Because of “Wreath Day” there is no formal meeting in December.

The OVGC ends its year with the May annual luncheon at a local Ojai restaurant.

All members are required to participate in Wreath Day and once-a-year Post Office flower arrangements.

Other activities of club members are:

*Hospitality at monthly meetings
*Tea Tent flower arrangement for the Ojai Tennis Tournament
*Serving as a Committee Chair or Board Member

Annual Dues are $25. Your attendance as a guest at any regular meeting is welcome.